Food for Life
The Food for Life Partnership is a national program dedicated to improving the quality of school meals and changing food culture.
The Farm Kitchen were the first caterer in Lincolnshire to have achieved the Gold award from the Food for Life Partnership.
There are huge synergies between the ethos and beliefs of The Farm Kitchen and The Food for Life Partnership. We feel that this award has endorsed as opposed to change what we do.
- At least 15% of our ingredients are organic or Marine Stewardship Council certified
- Over 50% of our ingredients are locally sourced
- We use organic meat, dairy products and eggs as much as possible
- All of our pork is from outdoor reared pigs, produced near Newark
- Our meals contain no undesirable food additives or hydrogenated fats
- All of our meat meets UK welfare standards and our eggs are from free range hens
- Our meals are produced by well trained and dedicated catering staff
- Our meals contain NO GM ingredients
- No fish is served from the Marine Conservation Society 'fish to avoid' list
For more information please visit their website: www.foodforlife.org.uk
I like the hot lunches because The Farm Kitchen puts flavour into them and when I had the Shepherd’s Pie it was nearly better than Mums